Leading and Managing in Global Environment Assignment Solution
- Number of Words: 3000
Are you looking for Leading and Managing in Global Environment Assignment Solutions? QnAassignmenthelp.com delivers Management Assignment Help at a pocket-friendly price. Students can avail of any of our top-quality assignment writing help services with zero-plagiarism content. We assure you that we will give you on-time delivery of assignment that is authentic to the core.
1. Discuss in maximum 1,000 words a) how financialised firm behaviour where the purpose of the firm is to maximise shareholder value has been an obstacle for quantitative easing by central banks after the 2007 crisis to stimulate investments and economic growth and b) how a transition to a stakeholder value-driven firm can be achieved. You are expected to use all of the following course readings in answering the question.
1. Ertürk, I. (2016) “Post-crisis central bank unconventional policies and financialised transmission channels”, Study, Foundation for European Progressive Studies, Finance and Inequality Project, available at: https://www.research.manchester.ac.uk/portal/files/51203791/erturk_cb_polici pdf
2. Ertürk, I. (2020) “Shareholder Primacy and Corporate Financialization” in Mader P., Mertens, D. and van der Zwan, N. (2020) International Handbook of Financialization, Routledge, Oxon, London
3. Mayer, C. (2021) “The Future of the Corporation and the Economics of Purpose”, Journal of Management Studies, 58(3), pp.887-901
4. United Way Social Purpose Institute (2022) The Social Purpose Transition Pathway, available at: https://www.corporateknights.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/The-Social-Purpose-Transition-Pathway-March- 2022-Full-Report.pdf
5. Evans, J. and Agnew, H. (January 12, 2022) “Mayonnaise with ‘purpose’ rebuke shows discontent Unilever facing”, Financial Times, available at: https://www.ft.com/content/8feb8f98-c6d9-4288-9ce8-9e68be621a60
2. Choose a public company -a company listed in stock market and publishes annual reports in English- and read the company’s last two years’ reporting of its ESG (environment, social and governance), its contributions to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), sustainability, corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities. You should also research other publicly available sources on the company’s such Then in maximum 2,000 words:
(a) critically analyse whether this company intends to present a narrative and to create a halo effect of doing good without providing verifiable data and evidence,
(b) advise how this company can have its stakeholders get involved in identifying and measuring the impact of its ESG, UN SDGs, sustainability, CSR activities.
You are expected to use the concepts, analytical frameworks, and insights from the following course readings in answering Question 2:
1. Leins, S. (2018) “Chapter 6: Construction of an Investment Narrative”, Stories of Capitalism: Inside the Role of Financial Analysts, University of Chicago Press
2. Arjaliès, D.L. and Bansal, P. (2018), “Beyond numbers: How investment managers accommodate societal issues in financial decisions”, Organization Studies, 39(5-6), 691-719.
3. Rosenzweig, P. (2014) Chapter 4 “Halos All Around Us” The Halo Effect, Simon & Schuster
4. Rosenzweig, P. (2014) Chapter 8 “Stories, Science and the Schizophrenic Tour de Force”, The Halo Effect, Simon & Schuster
5. Jones, B. and Nisbet, P. (2011) “Shareholder value versus stakeholder values: CSR and financialization in global food firms”, Socio-Economic Review, 9(2), 287-314.
6. Hiss, S. (2013) “The politics of the financialization of sustainability”, Competition & Change, 17(3), 234-247.
7. Agnew, H., Klasa, A. and Mundy, S. (June 6 2022), “How ESG investing came to a reckoning”, Financial Times, available at: https://www.ft.com/content/5ec1dfcf- eea3-42af-aea2-19d739ef8a55
8. Temple-West, P. (May 23 2022) “Watchdog tackle the murky world of greenwash”, Financial Times, available at: https://www.ft.com/content/85ca91c0- 036f-47a1-9a76-3da48caf6851
The following will be taken into consideration in marking your assignment:
- Comprehensiveness and accuracy of your use of the required readings in answering Question 1.
- Critical analysis of the chosen company using your own ideas and based on original research and the insights from the readings in answering Question 2.
- The relevance of the data and information on the chosen company’s ESG and social responsibility performance and activities in answering Question 2.
- Presentational qualities of your paper- citation, bibliography, paragraphing, spacing, spelling, quotations etc.