HMEMS80 Research Methodology Assessment Questions
Are you seeking HMEMS80 Research Methodology Assessment Question and Answer? QnAassignmenthelp.com provides quality assignment writing help services at the best price. We have academic writers who assist you with plagiarism free content. In order to find the best-written help solutions, students should place an order with us rather than typing can someone write my homework online.
SECTION A: MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
Answer the following questions:
Question 1: In accordance with Unisa’s copyright infringement and plagiarism policy, a citation is a form of respect for the relevant author’s proprietary rights. Is this statement true or false?
Question 2: Accordance to Unisa’s policy on copyright infringement and plagiarism, it is acceptable to request a friend to check and revise sections of your assignment to ensure you get better marks. Is this statement true or false?
Question 3: Which of the following examples is not plagiarism:
- Copy-pasting sections of different sources into your discussion without acknowledging the sources.
- Including a direct quote in your discussion without quotation marks but acknowledging the source.
- Paraphrasing and summarizing of an article using your own words without acknowledging the source.
- Cite the sources used in the discussion even though your own words were incorporated.
Question 4: You cannot write a whole page of information and only cite the source at the end, you need to keep citing the source throughout the discussion whenever you use ideas from it. Is this statement true or false?
Question 5: Which one of the following examples is not plagiarism:
- When you copy your own previously submitted original work, you can do so without referencing it.
- Using an assignment from a previous year’s student and submitting it as your own work.
- If you are using common knowledge information, you do not need to provide a reference.
- Copying snippets or certain paragraphs of articles but do not use quotation marks and proper referencing.
Question 6: In accordance with the APA (7th edition) in-text referencing guidelines, which one of the following is the correct way of referencing?
- Sadiki and Mdhluli, (2021) argued that …
- Sadiki, and Mdhluli (2021) argued that …
- Sadiki & Mdhluli, 2021 argued that …
- Sadiki and Mdhluli (2021) argued that …
Question 7: Based on the APA style (7th edition) in-text referencing guidelines, which one of the following is correct?
- According to Mdhuli, Mvana and Grobler et (2021: 27), students ….
- According to Mdhuli al. (2021), students ….
- According to Mdhuli et (2021), students ….
- According to (Mdhuli et , 2021), students ….
Question 8: As a research student, you want to know if there is a significant difference in the performance of HMEMS80 students with full-time employment (Group A) and those that are not employed (Group B).
The independent variable for the study is student performance while employment status is the dependent variable.
- True, because student performance is the variable that is being measured; it is therefore independent.
- False, because changes to student performance depend on the student’s employment status; thus, it is dependent.
- False, because the employment status of students is the variable under the control of the researcher; thus, it is dependent.
- True, because the employment status of students is the variable being manipulated by the researcher in the study.
Question 9: The HMEMS80 lecturers want to know whether student participation on myUnisa’s discussion forums changes depending on the period before the tasks of the module. The lecturers reviewed three reports on student participation on myUnisa’s discussion forums for the week before the assessment 1 submission (Group 1), the week before the assessment 2 submission (Group 2), and the week before the portfolio submission (Group 3).
What are the independent and dependent variables?
- Independent variable = student participation; Dependent variable = period during tasks of the module.
- Independent variable = period during tasks of the module; dependent variable = student participation.
- Independent variable = student participation; dependent variable = myUnisa discussion forums.
- There is not enough information to make the differentiation between the independent and dependent variables.
Question 10: The year mark is important; however, it is not enough. You still need to obtain at least 40% for the examination (POE) as a subminimum to pass. Is this statement true or false?
SECTION B: LITERATURE REVIEW
For the first part of the task (consulting relevant references), we provide several references that you can use and include in your literature review.
Arabyat, R. M., Qawasmeh, B. R., Al-Azzam, S. I., Nusair, M. B., & Alzoubi, K. H. (2022). Faculty members’ perceptions and attitudes towards anti-plagiarism detection tools:
Applying the theory of planned behavior. Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics, 1-9.
Farahian, M., Avarzamani, F., & Rezaee, M. (2022). Plagiarism in higher education across nations: A case of language students. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education, 14(1), 223-239.
Husain, F. M., Al-Shaibani, G. K. S., & Mahfoodh, O. H. A. (2017). Perceptions of and attitudes toward plagiarism and factors contributing to plagiarism: A review of studies. Journal of Academic Ethics, 15(2), 167-195.
Matsebatlela, E., & Kuhudza, A. G. (2018). Attitudes toward plagiarism: The case of undergraduate Health Sciences students at the University of Pretoria. Alternation Journal, 25(2), 181-209.
Mbutho, N. P., & Hutchings, C. (2021). The complex concept of plagiarism: undergraduate and postgraduate student perspectives. Perspectives in Education, 39(2), 67-81.
Mtshali, M. A. (2021). Students’ feelings about the online submission of assignments using Turnitin. Perspectives in Education, 39(3), 109-120.
Stander, M. (2020). Strategies to help university students avoid plagiarism: a focus on translation as an intervention strategy. Journal of Further and Higher Education, 44(2), 156-169.
For part 2 of the task, you need to write a literature review. We know that some students find this to be a daunting and difficult task. Writing does not come naturally for many people. We have many styles of writing – a note to a partner, a love letter to a romantic partner, a memo to a boss, an email to a friend, a report to colleagues, and then there is academic/scientific writing – in a class of its own!
To assist you with this written part for the assignment, we provide additional material on scientific writing as an additional resource uploaded in the folder for Assignment 01 on the HMEMS80 myUnisa website. The additional material ranges from some fun exercises to guiding steps and helpful hints and we hope that exploring the different facets and problems typically associated with writing will help you to produce quality academic writing as an output for this assignment!
Also, review the checklist for academic writing included at the end of the additional resource to finalise and evaluate your own writing before you submit the assignment.
The format of the literature review should include at least the following aspects/headings (Adapted from the Week 2 Resource 8 document):
Front page and table of contents
1. INTRODUCTION – provides an overview of the context and background to the An introduction should furthermore provide an overview of what the rest of the document entails namely to “set the scene” for what is to come.
2. VARIABLES – Clearly identify the variable/s. Each variable should be identified and defined under its own heading.
- Variable 1
- Variable 2
3. PREVIOUS RESEARCH – this includes a variety of research related to the variable/s; it includes exposing different viewpoints, that is, which views concerning the variable/s did you find corresponding and which ones did you find to be contradictory? And what does the literature say about the relationship between the variable and other variables?
4. PROBLEM STATEMENT
- Flowing from the discussions in the literature review identify the research problem – formulate the research question.
- Highlight how the existing body of knowledge (as presented in the literature review) links to the identified research problem (research question).
- The need/value/motivation for the research.
Use the APA 7th edition guidelines (under Week 4 >> Week 4 Resources >> Week 4 Resource 3) to correctly list all the sources used in-text.
Part 3 of the task requires of you to reference the sources that you use appropriately according to the requirements of the APA 7th edition style of referencing. Review section
4.3 titled ‘Referencing’ in the Week 4 Workbook and Week 4 Resource 3 APA 7th EDITION GUIDELINES again if you need more guidelines on referencing.
Review the ASSESSOR SHEET uploaded in the folder for assignment 01 on the HMEMS80 myUnisa site. This document outlines what is expected of you when completing this assignment and will be used to assess your work.